About Healthy Youth Partnership
The Healthy Youth Partnership is a volunteer-led collaboration working to support youth-serving professionals in the Central Texas community. HYP's collaboration originated from professionals working in adolescent sexual health, however it has expanded to include all youth-serving professionals.
HYP's goal is to connect all youth-serving professionals with the skills, resources, and networks to further their work in our community.
HYP offers free professional development opportunities that include monthly workshops, an annual conference, and leadership trainings. HYP serves as a model of collaboration, offering opportunities to network, combine resources, and get involved in community-led efforts, including a community-wide teen pregnancy prevention needs assessment. HYP connects youth-serving professionals with the latest research and best practices around working with youth.
The HYP Steering Committee agrees that these values guide all interactions and decisions made with respect to the organization and that the following values are fundamental to the purpose of this collaboration.
- Youth have the right to self-determination and to be the experts of their lives.
- Youth and their families have the right to medically-accurate and comprehensive health information, education, resources, and services, particularly in the area of sexual health, without coercion or fear-based tactics.
- Youth and their families have the right to be physically and emotionally safe, with their basic needs met.
- Youth and their families have the right to be free from shaming and discrimination of all kinds while honoring their unique and diverse values, cultures, and sexual orientations.
- Professionals should strive for a gender equitable approach to promote healthy and equitable relationships and decision-making.
- We are stronger when we work together as a community to maximize opportunities for youth development.
- Professionals best serve youth when they are supported, well-trained, practice self-care, and are connected to resources in our community.